By : Thea Singh | Yeild : 4 Serving | Time : 30 minutes
Makhanas Chikki is a traditional recipe which is eaten during the festival of Navaratri. It is a healthy and a nutritious recipe based on Jaggery & Makhana.
Makhanas Chikki is a traditional recipe that is eaten during the festival of Navaratri. It is a healthy and nutritious recipe based on Jaggery & Makhana.
Time required: 30 minutes
Makhana: 150 gms
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Jaggery: 180 gms
- In a Kadai add 1 tbsp Ghee and roast your Makhana in it for 5-7 minutes or until crispy/golden brown.
- Remove & set aside.
- Then heat a non stick pan to low heat add 1 tbsp Ghee and add the jaggery and melt it for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the jaggery until it's colour gets one shade darker.
- Then add your Makhanas and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and mix it until it's coated throughout.
- Then take it out on a big plate mould it into a flat Chikki square shape.
- Let it cool down to crisp.
Nutritional Analysis: (per serving)
Kcal (energy): 288.12 kCal
Carbohydrate: 60.95 gms
Protein: 5.82 gms
Iron: 1.58 mg
Cholesterol: 5.81 mg
Fat: 3.13 gms
Calcium: 92.25 mg
Zinc: 0.51 mg